Thursday, September 25, 2008

Jesus and the DMV

We pick great days to go to the DMV.  At least a two hour wait plus two kids equals lots o' fun.  We had to change the address on our driver's licenses, though, and I was desperate for a card at the Durham County Library, which is right down the street from our house.  To entertain Gabe, we found a little study guide that had pictures of common street signs--stop, train crossing, etc.  Fast forward a month or so...

On Tuesday I was driving back from Charlotte after meeting my parents to pick up the boys.  When we got off the interstate and turned toward our house, Gabe said, "This is the way to heaven, right Mommy?"  
To say the least, I was a little shocked at his comment.  I collected myself, sure of oncoming doom, and said, "What do you mean?" 
"It says 'ONE WAY' right there, and that's the way to heaven."  Wow.  He had recognized the sign from the little sheet at the DMV and combined the precious message of what our faith teaches him.  I explained to him that yes, there is one way to heaven, and that is Jesus.  Or 15-501 towards home after being away from Mama for 5 days...  :-)

2 comments:

KatieHD said...

I love it!

KatieHD said...

Yeah... that was Roddy leaving that comment...