Saturday, August 26, 2006

Elegantly Shabby? What's up with that?

Here's some info about why I chose the name "Elegantly Shabby." #1. I like that it's an oxymoron. #2. I really, really like that style of decor. Some call it Shabby Chic. Whatever you want it call it, if it's half falling apart with chipped paint, most likely I'll think it's grand. #3. I think that name decribes me as a Christian. I am shabby because I'm a sinner. I was born that way, and I'll die that way. God says in His Word, the Bible, that "All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God" (Romans 3:23). ALL HAVE SINNED--not just the people sitting in a jail cell, or hiding out in the dark alleys. I will be the first to admit that I have broken the 10 commandments. Have I lied? Yes. Have I stolen anything? Yes. Have I disrespected my mom and dad? Yes. The list goes on and on. "I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate to do" (Romans 7:15). Don't get me wrong, I look like a saint compared to some people, but I KNOW my need for Jesus!!

Praise God that in Romans 6:23 it says, "For the wages of sin is death, but the GIFT of God is ETERNAL life in Christ JESUS our Lord!" One of the definitions of elegant in the dictionary is "pleasing graceful in manner." That's cool! Because that is just what God is talking about in His Word. Grace. "We believe it is through the GRACE of our Lord Jesus that we are saved" (Acts 15:11) It is only by MY Lord's loving-kindness that I am saved. "If anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation!" (2 Corinthians 5:17).

I know some people reading this are saying "Amen!" Hopefully there are one or two of you out there scratching your head wondering what in the heck I'm talking about. If that's you, pray that God would reveal Himself in a real way to you!! He will!!

I want this blog to not only be a place where you can keep up with this family, but more importantly, learn how God is moving and changing us in awesome ways!! Elegantly Shabby. That's all for now.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

I am excited about your new venture, Mrs. Katie H D! :-)