Thursday, August 31, 2006

A quick shout out


My husband is the most amazing man I have ever met. I thought of him and his humility yesterday when I read "Let another praise you, and not your own mouth; someone else, and not your own lips," Proverbs 27:2. So here I go. :-)
He is an amazing guitarist, singer and worship leader. He played soccer in college and was an All-American there. (For those of you who don't understand what that means, he was picked as one of the top 30 players in the country for his division.) He is fluent in four languages and knows a decent amount of some others. He is phenomenal at his job. He had no youth pastor experience, but, because of his love for the Lord and his heart for high school students, was basically recruited for the postion at our church. He can build strong relationships with the students, be organized and responsible with the administrative part (with the help of his amazing assistant Mary) and teach with the best of them! However, he never lets his commitment to his job overshadow his commitment to his family and we never feel compromised. He is amazingly kind, loving and gentle. And he's cute on top of it all!!

I have been feeling sensitive and defensive over the last few days, and he has taken the brunt of that poo-pooness. I wanted to take this opportunity to praise my amazing man!! "As water reflects a face, so a man's heart reflects the man." Prov. 27:19. Your heart, then, must be as beautiful as I think it is!! Thank you Roddy!!

3 comments:

Kristen said...

It's all true!! I can attest! :)

Roddy is truly amazing, and you're right, Kate--he is SO humble. It's unusual to meet someone so gifted who is not full of themselves, and Roddy is the opposite of "full of himself"! We are so, so blessed to be friends of yours.

Dang. Now I REALLY miss you guys. SNIFF.

I love that picture, by the way. It's precious.

Ashley & Josh Jones said...

WOW! You sure do have an amazing hubby and I know that he is so blessed to have you as his wife.

I've worked with 100's of youth pastors all over the country but Roddy stands out above all the rest. He really is great at his ministry.

Dorothy said...

What a great tribute! BOTH of you are tops on my list! Thank you for all you do!
Love the blog Katie!